Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gig Mini-Review

I meant to post this on Sunday, the day after the gigs, but as usual I can't commit to anything. So here we go.

Buckcherry - Corporation - Supported by The Crave, Heaven's Basement and Dear Superstar
Well this is the one that I paid for, and it was well worth it. I arrived late and was just in time to catch the start of Heaven's Basement (sorry The Crave) who, were as usual, top notch. They never fail to impress and I expect big things when they do eventually get an album out of the door. Moving on to Buckcherry (I skipped Dear Superstar because I can't stand them) they played all the classics, like Sorry, Onset and Broken Glass, and the stuff off their new album such as Rescue Me. They finished with Crazy Bitch and then did a single song encore of Onset.
My ratings - Heaven's Basement ****
Buckcherry ****

Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - DQ - Part of Tramlines Festival 2009
The freebie. This gig was part of the Tramlines Festival held at various venues around the city, with a 5000 capacity stage on Devonshire Green in the City Centre. When there are names such as Little Boots and Pixie Lott playing on the same night as you only down the road, you need to have something special to attract a crowd and Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster (EMBD) have that something. I'm not the biggest fan but my girlfriend is and I went to accompany her after Buckcherry. I know a few songs and I enjoyed hearing them live, DQ is a small venue (maybe around 300 max) but it was packed to the rafters and the crowd were bouncing all the way through the 2 hour set. I thoroughly enjoyed it and so did everyone else from what I can tell.
My ratings - EMBD ****

No comments:

Post a Comment